Sorry no posts and still no photos.
I promise I have not forgotten you.
Guess what? No matter what anyone ever says to you
Do not go to the Gold Coast for a Pharmacy Conference, 6 weeks after you’ve broken your back.
No matter now many promises are made (by caring and concerned husbands and staff, including the generally SAINTED Little James) that you will not have to
- attend lectures
- go to trade shows
- look at dispensing machinery
- just pop in to the Welcome Function for the Trade Show
- just spend one hour at the Gala Dinner on Saturday night
- catch up with colleagues you’ve known for 30 years
- and because you are wearing a back brace, repeat the story of how you broke the damn back 76,852 times
- go to the Apple shop at Robina twice to get your phone fixed
- first time to replace the back that was smashed in the fall
- second time to have the phone replaced because when they replaced the back they stuffed up the computer inside the phone (that had survived the fall)
- be told you will need an outfit for the Gala Dinner and Welcome reception
Guys, am I getting good at this dobbing or what?
I was supposed to lie in bed and rest, do water walking therapy in heated pool, and catch up with Mum and two super cool friends you read in the comments section -Annie (Anne Marie) and Kate B.
I will write the real story tomorrow. Today I was the walking “I am so sorry for myself, so sore, so tired, so hard done by, so conned, misery gutz” anything I wrote would be depressing.
Tomorrow you will finally get the real story, and I will make sure you get to see the funny side of it all. I managed to see the humour of some of it by tonight, despite playing the “victim of travel and conference abuse all through dinner”.
I have photos on my brand new iPhone that I can post – so that’s at least something. I’m sure you’ll really love the photos of some of the trade show stands – the Constipation one was particularly tasteful.
And a dishy little 25 year old Apple Genius hunk thinks he’s solved my problem on how to get photos out of Apple Aperture and on to the blog. In case I did not concentrate properly, I bought an Apple One to One ,membership, which they promise, has video tutorials that make all apps easy for 6 to 90 year olds.
I’ll be sure to report the honesty of that boast after I’ve watched the Aperture one.
Tomorrow, I have over 200 cleaning lady application letters to read – promises to be a fun filled day. Am contemplating my drug hoard to decide which ones will kill the pain but keep me alert – could be a bit of a problem.
Hi to everyone who had emailed – there’s been a pretty consistent theme going on: Genuine concern about my health, and demands to know WHERE ARE YOU, WHY HAVEN’T YOU BLOGGED?
Answer: Mr iT, who is becoming referred to by me as THE BAD MAN after the Conference Con, set such a cracking pace, I virtually did not even turn on my laptop for the 5 days I was away.
Linda in Chile, an Blighty can tell you all about the new woman in my life, Francesca. they’ve both heard a LOT about her!
Love to all
Can’t wait for photos to get back on this page,